Mr. Ray sees Dee!!



                                                                        5.18.23 // 8:00 pm

Ray had a big day today. After our normal morning routine, Ray was alone for two hours. Surprisingly he did not cry as I left or came back. After we went on another walk and practiced a lot of tricks. Ray improved dramatically on his down and now does it within a minute after stepping on his leash. His touch needs work and he does it sometimes. His place is going well but needs more practice and paw paw is getting there. After we went to campus to work with Dee. She gave me some new things to work on like having him sit quietly for interactions with others; walking past other dogs; letting others groom him; sit and stay at different distances, leaving and coming back without him whining for three minutes; and him sitting and staying while I talk to someone else. These are what we will be really focusing on as these are requirements for his Good Dog Citizenship. I am doubtful that he will meet the requirements by next week but he is doing well and he is close. The one he most needs work with is walking past other dogs. I am meeting with Terry tomorrow to work on some of these skills but I need to recruit other friends with dogs to practice as much as possible. The most difficult part of these tricks is that I really need another person for most of them. I also think the class on Saturday will really help as I can practice him ignoring other dogs there. 

I also caught up with Terry today and like I said we will be practicing more tomorrow on the specific tricks listed above. I am really excited with the progress Ray has made and I hope to continue this trend in the future. 

Daily hours // 5 – Total hours // 67

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Ray Makes Friends!!

Mr. Ray Meets Joan!

Mr. Ray goes to a Concert!!