Mr. Ray goes to Puppy Class!!

                                                                     



                                                                    5.20.23 // 6:30 pm

Today Ray had his first puppy class. Dee thought that it would be better for him to be around dogs more his size so I was excited to see how he would do today. After getting ready, we got out of the car and he did well with sitting and waiting for me to grab some things. Then we went into a play area while the other owners arrived. He quickly notices the other dogs and does sit when I ask but he does not look at me. When I took off his leash though, he did sit and stay for a moment before starting to play. He did really well in the training session and his recall was on point! Dee even said he has great recall! The best compliment ever as we worked very hard on that. Besides doing a few other things Ray worked on his tricks and such in a distracting environment. I really need to go on walks with other people who have their dogs with them to get him used to it but I do not know who to reach out to. That is his next step. When we got to campus he practiced down at my feet while we watched softball for an hour. He did not bark at people entering or leaving nor did he move from underneath me! I was very proud of him. When we got home we really worked a lot on place. He seems to really not get a trick until he suddenly does and then from then on, he just does it. That is what happened today with place. He is currently in his place right now! These milestones that I keep seeing prove that his training is paying off and although progress might seem slow, he is learning more than I anticipated. I am very excited to see how he does tomorrow. 

Daily hours // 5 – Total hours // 77


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Ray Makes Friends!!

Mr. Ray Meets Joan!

Mr. Ray goes to a Concert!!